Andrew is a Partner in BDO's Government and Infrastructure and specialises in Public Private Partnerships advice to public sector procurers and private sector bidders.
Andrew joined BDO in January 2005 and currently leads the Public Private Partnerships team. His experience includes a variety of NHS, Local Authority and Central Government advisory roles in the health, leisure, education, transport, and office accommodation sectors including City Centre Regeneration. Andrew has also been involved in advising on projects overseas including Ireland and Australia.
Recent transactions include:
- Bradford Metropolitan District Council –the three phases of the £600m Building Schools in the Future (BSF) scheme. Andrew was lead financial adviser for the Council with the most recent phase reaching close in September 2009. Andrew was also lead financial adviser to the council on regeneration projects.
- Tees Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust – Andrew was lead financial adviser to the Trust on the £80m Roseberry Park Hospital (financial close 2007), 20m West Park Hospital (financial close 2003) and £30m Lanchester Road Hospital (financial close 2008) and Stanley Health Centre (financial close 2008) PFI Projects.
- Leeds Independent Living – Andrew was lead financial adviser to the successful bidder Gleeson Capital Solutions on this £50m PFI scheme to provide new build social housing for the City of Leeds.
- Liverpool City Council – Andrew was lead financial adviser to the Council on the new £40m library PFI project which reached financial close in July 2010. The project involved a listed building frontage which was required to be kept as part of the project.
- Titanic Quarter – Andrew was the lead financial adviser to Titanic Quarter on their successful bid for the £40m PFI project for the new Belfast Metropolitan College which included a car park for the entire Titanic Quarter regeneration project and reached financial close in April 2009.