Brent joined BDO(then Stoy Hayward) in September 1972 and has been a partner since March 1983.
Brent was a full time audit partner and started the Manchester Forensic Accounting Team in the late 1980s. The Manchester team is now the largest team in the North West ahead of the big 4 dealing predominantly with Expert matters. Brent leads the Forensic Accounting team in the North West.
Brent has experience gained in over 350 cases acting as expert witness. He has also acted as a Single Joint Expert and appeared at the International Court of Arbitration. He is a member of the Academy of Experts, a Certified Fraud Examiner and a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales. Brent is the current Chairman of the Fraud Liaison Panel for the Manchester Chartered Accountants ("MCA") with Greater Manchester Police. Brent's experience acting as a party pointed or as a single joint expert includes:
- Expert Determination and Court Appointed Expert
- Claims for loss of profit and consequential loss
- Warranty claims
- Partnership disputes and valuations
- Contentious share valuations
- Intellectual property valuations
- Commercial fraud investigations
- Professional negligence
- Wrongful and fraudulent trading claims
- Royalty investigations
- Advisor at Mediation