Dermot is a Business Restructuring partner at BDO LLP and has been assisting under-performing organisations for 25 years. He is firmly established in the North West as a leading adviser on business turnaround, corporate reconstruction and recovery.
Following the merger with PKF, Dermot is the Chairman of the North West Managing Board. This enables him to devote some time to strategic direction, but perhaps more importantly, time to the sales and marketing offering of the wider practice and to be directly involved in pitches for new work in the transactional and advisory parts of the wider business.
Dermot's experience enables him to quickly assimilate the needs of an organisation and provide the necessary advice which corporate require, in the current fast moving environment.
Dermot is well known for his ability to advise and implement business solutions which meet the requirements of directors, shareholders and financial institutions alike.
Recent transactions include:
- Acted for the High Court as Special Manager and Liquidator in a high profile buy-to-let property scandal with more than 4000 properties transacted and £90m+ taken from the public.
- Financial advisor to a sub-prime mortgage lender renegotiating £500m of lending.
- Administrator to a number of large retail groups and several car retailers.
- Court appointed Administrator/Liquidator to a number of entities world wide, where fraud and asset tracing have been key features.
- Advisor to the informal reconstruction of a £500m+ property group.
- Administrator to a number of Professional Service Company failures with successful work out solutions.