Mark was elected as the firm's Senior Partner in June 2011 and chairs the firm's Partnership Council.
Mark graduated from Oxford University and joined BDO in 1986. In 1991 he moved to BDO Paris, where he co-founded our Corporate Finance team, becoming a partner of the French firm in 1994. In 2001, after ten years in France, Mark returned to the UK, becoming a partner with the London BDO Transaction Services team, where he leads financial due diligence assignments.
Mark regularly writes and speaks on financial due diligence. He co-wrote "Due Diligence Definitive Steps to Successful Business Combinations", published by Pearson.
Whilst at BDO in Paris Mark specialised in advising foreign buyers of French companies. He continues to advise on cross-border transactions, in particular involving France.
Since returning to London Mark has specialised in advising UK Private Equity houses.
- LDC - aquisition of D&D restaurants
- LDC – acquisition of Blue Rubicon
- LDC – acquisition of Fever - Tree
- Kwik-Fit's disposal of French subsidiary, Speedy France
- DAS (Omnicom) – series of acquisitions in Europe
- £380m joint venture between Matterhorn Capital EC&O and Capital & Counties
- Itochu - £637m acquisition of Kwik-Fit Group