heads up BDO's M&A advisory business in the UK.
BDO is the world's largest accounting firm specialising in advising entrepreneurs and mid-market companies.
In 2014, according to Thomson Reuters, we were the UK's most active mid-market M&A adviser.
Peter covers the Leisure space. Some of Peter’s recent transactions include:
- Las Iguanas, sale to Casual Dining Group, reported at £85m
- dnata/Emirates Group, n/d purchase of Imagine Cruising
- JACTravel/Vitruvian, n/d acquisition of TotalStay
- Inflexion, £73m acquisition of Scott Dunn
- dnata/Emirates Group, n/d acquisition of Stella Travel
- Vitruvian Partners, £80m acquisition of JAC Travel
- dnata / Emirates Group, £45m acquisition of Gold Medal Travel from Thomas Cook
- Searcy's, £14m sale to WSH
- Thomas Cook on three disposals: Neilson Active Holidays to Risk Capital, Holiday Essentials to Holiday Extras; and CTM to Al Tayyar
- The management team of D&D London on the £50m buy out by LDC
- ECI Partners on its purchase of Amber Travel (Great Railway Journeys, Treyn) in a deal reported at approx £60m
- The shareholders of Isango! on its sale to TUI Travel PLC
- Growth Capital Partners on its £20m acquisition of Iglu, ski and cruise online travel agent
- The sale of Audley Travel to Equistone (formerly Barclays Private Equity) in a deal reported at approximately £90m
- dnata/Emirates Group, acquisition of Travel Republic (£500m turnover UK online travel agency)
Peter also runs BDO's Business Trends report, a monthly poll of polls of business confidence and makes regular appearances on TV and radio talking about the UK economy.