Engineered in Britain - Manufacturing a Successful Economy13 May 2014
We are pleased to launch our latest report in partnership with The Institution of Mechanical Engineers, 'Engineered in Britain', which analyses the Government's performance and the health of the manufacturing sector through a comprehensive survey of 1,000 UK engineers working within the sector and 1,000 members of the public.
- 61% of the Manufacturers are now more positive about the future of the manufacturing sector compared to only 28% in 2011
- 48% of Manufacturers believe that the Government is committed to a more balanced economy
- 41% (26% in 2013) believe current Government policies are helping the sector, but;
- 76% of Manufacturers and 50% of the Public still believe that, overall, Government is more committed to the financial sector
- 89% of Manufacturers do not think the UK is producing enough engineers to sustain the nation's future economic growth