Join us at our quarterly Manufacturing Outlook webinar where we will share the latest manufacturing trends and key findings from the Q3 Make UK/BDO Manufacturing Outlook report.
This insightful webinar for manufacturers will be presented Make UK’s chief economist who will provide an update on the state of UK manufacturing, including:
- Key findings from the Q3 report
- Current UK, regional and global macroeconomic trends
- Opportunities and challenges facing manufacturers going into the second half of 2021.
ESG in the manufacturing sector
The new tax on plastic packaging which will come into effect in the UK from April 2022, is yet another point that has reinforced the importance of the focus required on the ESG agenda within the manufacturing sector. Whilst the sector has been ahead of the game in comparison to many others, many businesses remain unclear what they should be doing and the criticality of it to maintain competitive advantage.
This quarter, we will also be joined by experts from our BDO advisory team who focus on the ESG space, who will leverage some of the insights from the recent survey to explore the following areas:
- Understanding ESG in the sector – evolution of sustainability practices and what it means today
- Why this should be a priority for you now
- Practical action that should be taken to reassess your position and address ESG.
The update will be followed by a live Q&A session.