This seminar will act as a practical guide to some of the key tax and commercial issues to consider when an employee ceases to be in employment.
Our Employment Tax and Share Plans & Incentives teams will cover:
- How termination payments are taxed and the tax reliefs available;
- What happens if an employee holds share-based awards (i.e. an option) or shares? Are they still entitled to acquire the shares on cessation and can the Board force a sale of any shares held?
- How share-based awards, and shares are taxed on, or following, cessation;
- Does the reason for leaving affect the tax treatment of (i) any termination payment; or (ii) the acquisition of the shares?
- Can departing employees still claim entrepreneurs’ relief?
- The impact of any Board discretions and the risks that can arise for directors exercising any discretion;
- Can bonuses and shares be clawed back where there’s evidence of gross misconduct?
There will also be an opportunity to answer any real-life scenarios, which you may be currently facing.
Places are limited so if you would like to attend please follow the link to register.
Matthew Emms - Partner, Share Plans & Incentives
Claire Murray - Director, Employment Tax
David Ogden - Director, Share Plans & Incentives
Rachel Tucker - Senior Manager, Share Plans & Incentives
Veronika Lipinska - Assistant Manager, Share Plans & Incentives