AIM key statistics
- There was a net decrease in the number of companies with 1,044 AIM companies at 31 December 2015 compared to 1,104 at 31 December 2014 as de-listings outpaced new admissions
- There were 33 IPOs in 2015, compared to 79 in 2014
- Money raised on admission in 2015 was £470m, some £2.0bn less than in 2014. £4.2bn was raised in 2015 in further issues by existing AIM companies (£3.1bn in 2014)
- AIM’s overall market capitalisation grew to £73.1bn at 31 December 2015 from £71.4bn at 31 December 2014
- At 31 December 2015, the average market capitalisation of an AIM company was £70.0m, compared to £65.0m at 31 December 2014.
For further statistics and more in-depth analysis on AIM, view our AIM Insights reports