Building Products & Services: a dynamic and increasingly active market
17 May 2018
The building products & services sector is experiencing unprecedented levels of M&A activity.
With more than 2,500 sector transactions over the last five years and double-digit growth in volumes over the last three years, the numbers reflect a confident and highly dynamic sector.
BDO’s latest sector insights publication focuses on M&A trends and sector dynamics.
- Strong, unabated growth in deal volumes across the globe
- 26% of global transactions were cross-border
- 20% of UK building products & services transactions had Private Equity investment?
- Valuations paid and transaction volumes continue to increase across all sub-sectors
- Infrastructure construction to rise by 6.3% in 2018 and 11.1% in 2019
- Carillion’s failure should drive structural changes to benefit the sector
- Embracing digital will improve productivity and future-proof businesses
To gain deeper insight into these trends please download the full report.
Please contact Mithun Patel or John Stephan for more information, or to request previous publications:
- Private Equity in the Building Products Sector – analysis of returns and valuation
- 2016 and 2017 annual Building Products & Services review
- HVAC Insights
- Plant Hire Insights
- Windows & Doors Insights