Guiding clients through challenging times
BDO’s Public Sector Consulting team works with clients to overcome significant challenges so that they can transform their operational and financial performance.
We work with clients from central and local government and all areas of the NHS including Trusts, Foundation Trusts, Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs), NHS England and regulatory bodies.
Some of the core services we provide for these clients include:
- Strategy development and implementation
- Leadership and board development
- Option appraisal and business case development
- Financial performance improvement and cost reduction
- Strengthening governance and internal controls
- Costing, benchmarking and service prioritisation
- Supporting complex procurement
- Financial and commercial advice on major capital projects and programmes, including PPP, PFI, joint ventures and Strategic Estates partnerships
- Commercialisation, including income generation and trading companies
Our services can be accessed through a number of leading frameworks, including Management Consultancy (RM3714, RM 3745), Health Trust Europe, NHS Lead Provider Framework and ESPO.
Our team members are all sector specialists. Many have held roles within the public sector before coming to work for us. They have experience spanning the NHS and government and in operational management, finance, procurement, policy, governance, clinical practice and elected office.
Our clients tell us they appreciate our genuine understanding of the issues facing public sector clients and our approach to working hand in hand with internal teams to build skills and capacity.
We can also draw on the expertise of our colleagues in BDO delivering audit, tax and advisory advice. BDO’s extensive international network allows us to bring in international experience in service delivery models.