Fraud and Financial Investigations
If you have concerns about potential fraud and financial crime or have discovered it in your business, it is vitally important you respond quickly and get expert assistance. A rapid response could be critical to the success of any investigation.
Our specialist team of fraud and financial crime experts have a range of backgrounds in criminal investigations, forensic accounting and forensic computing and are skilled at conducting sensitive financial investigations.
We regularly conduct large-scale, complex investigations for the UK's leading law enforcement, prosecution and regulatory agencies, as well as for corporations, major banks, foreign governments and law firms. We work closely with colleagues from across BDO’s international network to provide expertise across the globe no matter where the issue is discovered or what business sector it is in.
Our investigation services include:
- Rapid response fraud investigation
- Investigation into accounting irregularities and financial misstatements
- Corruption and bribery investigations
- Regulatory investigations (including Skilled Person assignments)
- Asset tracing and recovery
- Investigations linked to contentious insolvency matters
- Quantification of loss
- Background checks and desktop reviews
- Specialist advice to the board on next steps
Detection and prevention
We advise businesses on detection and prevention of fraud and financial crime including anti-bribery and corruption (ABC) and anti-money laundering (AML).
We help organisations understand the specific risks relevant to their business and develop best practice procedures and solutions which protect businesses against the threat of economic crime.
Our services include:
- Development of specific fraud prevention measurers –including advice on recruitment, codes of conduct and systems and controls
- UK Bribery Act and FCPA advice
- Review of anti-bribery systems and risks
- Development of anti-bribery controls
- AML and CTF advice
- Development of Know Your Customer and Politically Exposed Person procedures
- Pre-transaction due diligence