Vendor due diligence services
When we undertake Vendor due diligence (VDD), on behalf of the vendor, we aim to provide them with an all-inclusive report on the business to be sold. The vendor typically requires our services at the start of the project. Our team has an established reputation for trustworthy, reliable and objective reporting.
Our vendor due diligence reports are aimed at providing potential purchasers with an insightful and comprehensive analysis of the company’s financial history and current position, allowing interested parties to make informed and objective decisions. Our report takes a close look into the key value drivers of the business and is designed to reflect the views of various stakeholders, including private equity shareholders if applicable.
The report provides a detailed understanding of the business’s historical performance and track record. We combine this information with an independent view on the achievability of the business’s future plans and projections. Ultimately the VDD process provides the vendor with greater control over the sale process and the timing of sale, which can, in turn, help secure a higher price for the business.
Some key sell-side processes in which we have expertise include:
The benefits of VDD include:
- Less disruption to management
- Encourages investors to engage more
- Better informed offers
- Less opportunity for leakage of value
- More balanced; includes management’s comments– can highlight upsides and allows issues to be “packaged”
- Allows controlled release of commercially sensitive information, which may be particularly important if competitors are bidding