Supply chain beyond Brexit: tax and customs implications | Webinar in partnership with the French Chamber of Commerce.
On demand webinar below
In January we partnered with the French Chamber of Commerce to explain the post-Brexit changes for companies in Britain and EU. Our panel of experts discussed the tax and custom challenges currently many businesses. Including VAT for EU Businesses and supplies going from the UK to the EU.
Brexit to do list
- Map your supply chains and distribution channels with incoterms – who is the importer /exporter?
- Check that you/your shippers know what to do from 1 January:
- Do you need to talk to your customers/suppliers about incoterms?
- Does the designated importer/exporter (you/your suppliers/your customers) meet the customer criteria?
- Who will be making your import/export declarations?
- If a 3rd party, do they have capacity? Compliance remain fully or partially your responsibility.
- If in house, how much will it cost and how soon can you be operational?
- Do you need to acquire any UK/EU VAT registrations?
- Will your goods benefit from zero tariffs under the ‘origin’ rules?
- Can your business benefit from any reliefs such as: UK Customs Warehouse and/or Inward Processing Relief authorisation? Authorised Economic Operator authorisation?
- Do you need to ‘upskill’ your staff and management through customs training?
Further information on VAT & Customs available on our Brexit hub.