In October 2019, HMRC will introduce a “Domestic Reverse Charge” for VAT in the construction industry as a fraud prevention measure. This will have significant compliance and cash flow implications for the sector. Is your business ready for the changes?
Our specialists will also provide updates on the Construction Industry Scheme (CIS), National Minimum Wage investigations and HMRC supply chain fraud investigations focussing on the Corporate Criminal Offences legislation.
Find out more about HMRC’s approach and what your business should be doing to protect its position at our update event.
This event will cover:
- The new Construction Industry Domestic Reverse Charge for VAT
- Cash flow implications of the VAT changes
- Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) updates
- National Minimum Wage – HMRC’s approach
- Tax risk update – Criminal Corporate Offence and HMRC’s risk based approach.
Lyndon Firth - Partner, VAT
Derek Bowler - Associate Director, Employment Taxes
Katy Hampton - Senior Manager, National Minimum Wage Specialist
Karen Riley - Director, Tax Risk Specialist
Mark Thornton - Director, Business Restructuring
8:30 - Registration & Breakfast
9:00 - Presentation
10:30 - Question & answer session
11:00 - Close