Shareholders are now able to sell (as a minimum) a controlling interest in their company to an Employee Ownership Trust (EOT) for full market value without incurring any CGT liabilities. It can also be used as an exit mechanism for partnerships.
The EOT creates an immediate purchaser for a trading company of any size operating in any sector. The EOT will then hold those shares in the company for and on behalf of the company's employees. There are substantial non-tax benefits associated with being owned by an EOT. In addition, companies can make tax-free payments to their employees.
Guest speakers are Alden Whittaker-Brown of Arup Group Ltd, Howard Levy and Chris Rees, RBS plc and Kingsley Tedder, Peregrine Livefoods Limited along with Matthew Emms, Tax Partner at BDO.
If you would like to attend this seminar, please register now.
Arup Group Limited, will discuss:
- what it means to be employee-owned and the substantial benefits it offers
- employee engagement/commitment, business performance, staff morale and the benefit to employees of working for an employee-owned company.
RBS plc, will explain:
- how the acquisition of a company by an EOT can be financed
- typical terms and levels of bank financing.
Peregrine Livefoods Limited, will outline:
- the sale from a Finance Director's perspective and the key learning points.
BDO LLP, will explain:
- how a sale to an EOT can be structured in a simple and tax-efficient manner
- the tax and commercial issues to be stepped through when selling to an EOT
- how it can work for partnerships
- answers to the key questions that shareholders have asked
- the steps you should take if you would like to sell your business to an EOT.