The Franchise Industry contributes £15 billion to the UK economy, representing growth of 46% over the past 10 years. It’s this ambitious, entrepreneurial spirit that excites our teams as we look to support the continued growth of the industry – through our full range of tax, audit, advisory, and outsourced accounting solutions.
To help you, as a multi-site franchise owner, to scale your business, you’ll have access to BDO’s breadth of services such as mergers & acquisitions, valuations, private client expertise and a global range of connections.
Many Franchise owners may feel they have outgrown their existing provider and require assistance to professionalise their business and take it to the next level. We are here to be as innovative and entrepreneurial as you are.
HOW WE CAN HELP YOU
We would be delighted to discuss your goals and objectives to match your needs, whilst assisting to overcome any challenge.
Some challenges we’ve helped our Franchise clients overcome include:
- Helping shape business plans and support funding applications, ensuring costs are accounted for in their totality
- Understanding and assisting with cash flow management and working capital needs
- Company Structure when working with multi-brand or multi-portfolio Franchisees
- Tax planning for the corporate structure as well as for the owners, identifying immediate opportunities as well as longer-term goals
- Company Valuations - working with Franchisees to explore when is the right time to sell their Franchise outlet(s) is, and for what price
- Assistance with accounting support including cloud accounting set up, tax/VAT returns, payroll and digital software accounting tools such as stock management tools
- Data Management and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) across your Portfolio to ensure stock/staff management, and reduction of waste as well as management of operational cash flow.
OUR VALUE ADDED SERVICES INCLUDE:
We operate in the UK from 17 locations and BDO LLP is a key member of the BDO global network of public accounting, tax and advisory firms where we have representation in 162 countries.
Being a member of the BDO global network allows us to meet the needs of Franchisees and Franchisors who are looking to establish their brands internationally or diversify their portfolio via international geographical expansion.
Supporting The Great British Franchisee Awards
The Great British Franchisee Award specifically recognises and celebrates the achievements of the indispensable and essential people who are the lifeblood of every franchise system, the franchisees. whichfranchise.com is supported by BDO, Lloyds Banking Group, Chantry Group and AMO Consulting. This award is open to any established franchisee regardless of the size of their business or the sector they work in. Receiving this award demonstrates the franchisee’s exceptional performance exemplifying the best and brightest in British Franchising.
To speak to a member of our team about the support available for both Franchisees and Franchisors, please get in touch.