Horizons Issue 1 2020
04 March 2020
UK & Ireland: Overall environment for M&A in the region remains reasonably healthy
Welcome to Horizons Issue 1 2020 edition, in which BDO M&A professionals around the world present their insights on mid-market deal activity and trends.
Overall global mid-market M&A has slowed down in 2019 amid political and economic tensions. The UK & Ireland's deal-making activity has been similarly subdued despite a favourable funding environment and pockets of strong activity in certain sectors.
Issue 1 of 2020 takes a close look to what has been a subdued year of deal making and how we see 2020 panning out. There is also commentary on:
- Global view – ending the year as it began but with good reasons to be cheerful
- Special feature – USA Private Capital: Outlook 2020
- North America – mid-market M&A activity plunges to six year low but better times lie ahead
- Latin America - M&A activity picks up with best performance for six quarters
- China - deal activity bounces back in Q4 as trade tensions ease
- Natural Resources – key political events continue to impact commodity prices
- TMT – will new hotspots and need to have technologies create a bounce back?
DOWNLOAD THE FULL REPORT
About BDO Horizons
Each quarter we analyse global mid-market deal activity across a number of major regions and selected sectors around the world; offering you a satellite view of how the M&A market is evolving – and where it appears to be heading.
It includes expert commentary on recent trends, predictions for the coming year and forecasts of sector activity through our heat chart which predicts the most active sectors for company sales. Whether you are active on the buy or sell side or just alert to the latest opportunities, Horizons will provide you with invaluable insights into where and why investment is flowing, giving you more of the mid-market knowledge and insight you need.
In a global market of bewildering activity and endless choices, we provide some of the context necessary to navigate it.