21 November 2017
Each quarter we analyse global mid-market deal activity across a number of major regions and selected sectors around the world; offering you a satellite view of how the M&A market is evolving – and where it appears to be heading.
This issue shows that political uncertainty has suppressed deal volume and value around the world, except in China. Nevertheless, the steep downtrend of Q1 2017 having been broken and with record amounts of dry powder in private equity offers, firms around the world will aggressively seek quality assets in 2018.
Other insights include:
- Global view – A trend reversal to the slowdown of Q2 has not yet taken place. However, the outlook looks brighter than ever before this year.
- Special feature – China outbound investment: Bigger, more sophisticated and diversified.
- Private Equity – Firms are taking "wait and see" approach in competitive market.
- North America – Valuations at unprecedented levels causing buyers to balk and stagnate activity.
- Natural Resources - Mining sector M&A on the rise, while Oil & Gas sector focuses on strategic rationalisation for now.
- Real Estate – M&A activity continues to grow in Asia while traditional real estate hubs have quieter quarter.
Horizons Issue 4 2017