Horizons Issue 2 2020
19 May 2020
UK & Ireland: M&A stalls as lockdown and uncertainty impact deal-making environment
Welcome to Horizons Issue 2 2020 edition, in which BDO M&A professionals around the world present their insights on mid-market deal activity and trends.
Just as we thought things were set to improve in terms of mid-market M&A activity, they took a turn for the worse with the impact of COVID-19. Within just a short period of time, governments across the world have been forced to take steps into uncharted territories of corporate support. M&A activity has all but halted in the face of this potent virus. While governments are looking to inject capital and confidence into their economies, most companies have been forced to shut down services and are focussed on cutting costs and preserving cash flow to help them face the uncertainty of what lies ahead.
Issue 2 of 2020 takes a close look at M&A activity across the world that has been heavily impacted by COVID-19. There is also commentary on:
- Global view – M&A activity across the world heavily impacted by COVID-19
- Special feature – With deals on lockdown, is it time for distressed M&A?
- North America – COVID-19 wreaks havoc on North American economy and M&A
- Latin America - M&A activity hit hard by global pandemic and fall in oil prices
- China – M&A activity sees sharp falls as lockdown slows economy
- Agri-food & drinks sector – M&A outlook during and post COVID-19
- Manufacturing – Hitting a brick wall: COVID-19’s impact on Manufacturing M&A
DOWNLOAD THE FULL REPORT
About BDO Horizons
Each quarter we analyse global mid-market deal activity across a number of major regions and selected sectors around the world; offering you a satellite view of how the M&A market is evolving – and where it appears to be heading.
It includes expert commentary on recent trends, predictions for the coming year and forecasts of sector activity through our heat chart which predicts the most active sectors for company sales. Whether you are active on the buy or sell side or just alert to the latest opportunities, Horizons will provide you with invaluable insights into where and why investment is flowing, giving you more of the mid-market knowledge and insight you need.
In a global market of bewildering activity and endless choices, we provide some of the context necessary to navigate it.