Horizons Issue 2 2021
10 May 2021
UK & Ireland: Final quarter provides hope for deal-makers as deal volume and value bounce back
Welcome to the second edition of Horizons in 2021, in which BDO M&A professionals around the world present their insights on mid-market deal activity and trends.
2021 has certainly got off to a flying start with one of the busiest first quarters in several years. The strong rebound in mid-market M&A activity during final quarter of 2020 continued its momentum with over 140 transactions completed across UK and Ireland with a record-breaking aggregate value of nearly $16bn.
This overall increase in M&A activity and deal value is evidenced across a number of sectors. TMT continue to remain the most active at 24% of all transactions.
In the second issue of 2021 we take a close look at an M&A world recovering from COVID-19. There is also commentary on:
- Global view – Record levels of Private Equity cash deployed in deals support continued M&A recovery
- Special feature – Private Equity – A strong Q1 with momentum set to build throughout 2021
- North America – North American M&A: Off to the races
- Latin America – M&A activity slips backwards
- Manufacturing – COVID-19 spurs manufacturing to accelerate digital transformation
- Technology mid-market – E-commerce changes are driving investment
- Natural Resources – Availability of public funding impacts the level of natural resources M&A activity
DOWNLOAD THE FULL REPORT
About BDO Horizons
Each quarter we analyse global mid-market deal activity across a number of major regions and selected sectors around the world; offering you a satellite view of how the M&A market is evolving – and where it appears to be heading.
It includes expert commentary on recent trends, predictions for the coming year and forecasts of sector activity through our heat chart which predicts the most active sectors for company sales. Whether you are active on the buy or sell side or just alert to the latest opportunities, Horizons will provide you with invaluable insights into where and why investment is flowing, giving you more of the mid-market knowledge and insight you need.
In a global market of bewildering activity and endless choices, we provide some of the context necessary to navigate it.