21 February 2018
Each quarter we analyse global mid-market deal activity across a number of major regions and selected sectors around the world; offering you a satellite view of how the M&A market is evolving – and where it appears to be heading.
It includes expert commentary on recent trends, predictions for the coming year and forecasts of sector activity through our heat chart which predicts the most active sectors for company sales. Whether you are active on the buy or sell side or just alert to the latest opportunities, Horizons will provide you with invaluable insights into where and why investment is flowing, giving you more of the mid-market knowledge and insight you need.
Issue 1 2018 includes:
- Global view – The outlook is promising and supported by stabilizing politics, global economic growth, solid asset markets and historically low interest rates.
- Special feature – Focus on the Americas: global rising tide and improving economies set to boost cross-border investment.
- North America – Mid-market M&A activity to trend positively in 2018 against the backdrop of US tax reform, strong growing economies and perceived business-friendly economic policies.
- Financial Services - Sector M&A activity holds up well in 2017, helped by another strong year for China.
- Real Estate – "Red-Hot" Chinese real estate industry drives global growth.
- Agri-Food - Irish agri-food and beverage sector is the country's most important indigenous industry. Sector sees buoyant M&A activity despite Brexit uncertainty.
- Heat charts – Despite uncertainty our heat charts show growth of potential M&A transactions.
In a global market of bewildering activity and endless choices, we provide some of the context necessary to navigate it.
Horizons Issue 1 2018