Andrew joined BDO in 2005 and specialises in real estate taxation matters (focusing on residential property), including tax due diligence, compliance, inbound investment structures and stamp taxes.
Specific client experience includes:
- Advising on multi-national and UK based hotel structures
- Issues applicable to prime/super-residential property dealing, construction and development
- Managing the compliance process for tax return preparation and submissions for large corporate groups
- PropCo / OpCo structures for a number of sectors including care homes
- Shariah compliant arrangements
- HMRC enquiries on a range of topics
- Pan-European financing structures, including in relation to UK withholding tax.
Andrew is an Associate of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales, qualifying in 2008, and a Member of the Chartered Institute of Taxation, becoming chartered in 2010. Andrew is also a member of the Stamp Taxes Practitioners Group.