Danny Dartnaill is a Business Restructuring Partner based in the Thames Valley region responsible for the Reading, Southampton and Guildford offices.
Danny has over 16 years' experience advising the Directors and Management teams of businesses that are going through some form of stress, whether that be cashflow constraints, declining profitability or the breakdown in the relationship with the secured lenders. He works closely with the incumbent management team to assess the options that might be available including;
- Assessing whether there are cost cutting or cashflow enhancing strategies that could be implemented;
- Identifying alternative sources of finance or funding structures that could free up working capital (and introducing the Company to potential providers of finance);
- Running accelerated sale processes to identify equity investors or share purchasers; and
- Implementing formal restructuring solutions (Administrations, Company Voluntary Arrangements or Liquidations) where appropriate.
With strong contacts at most of the UK’s major Banks and Asset Based Lenders, Danny is able to assist businesses by working with their wider financial stakeholders to implement sustainable solutions.
Although very focused on business continuity, rescue and turnaround, Danny is also a licensed, appointment-taking Insolvency Practitioner which enables him to effect change or implement rescue solutions as required.
Danny has particular experience in the Education sector and has worked with a number of Independent Schools (both not-for-profit and commercial ventures), assisting in fundraising, assessing options and implementing restructuring plans. Danny also has extensive credentials in the Further Education sector, acting in both an advisory and formal capacity.
Recent Case Studies
- Working with a distressed business which specialised in the design, manufacturing and installation of water management systems. Danny and his team approached over 100 potential purchasers/investors and were able to successfully negotiate a sale of the share capital thereby rescuing the Company.
- Subsequent to an approach by the directors of a UK based construction company, Danny worked with the Company and its secured lender to negotiate an increase in the asset based funding limit whilst assisting the Company in its approach to alternative funders. A facility with a new third party funder was agreed which significantly increased the working capital available to the Company to secure its longer term viability.
- Danny was appointed Joint Administrator of RAW Technology Limited, a Company specialising in hazardous material spillages. After approaching the market Danny was able to secure a sale of the majority of the business to a trade purchaser which resulted in a better outcome for all stakeholders than would have been the case in a closure.
- Danny was appointed the Joint Administrator of One Select Energy Limited, a gas and electricity supplier with over 35,000 customers.