Geeta is an experienced auditor and trusted business advisor specialising in leading large, complex, multidisciplinary audits and consulting projects in the insurance to industry for over 20 years in both the UK and US markets.
Prior to joining BDO, Geeta was a partner at Ernst & Young, where her portfolio included a number of PLCs, life insurers, general insurers, and Lloyds markets. She specialises in auditing and advising insurers on IFRS 17, Solvency II, UK GAAP, Controls, transaction accounting, and reporting for listed companies.
- Audits of a number of large insurance companies and groups listed in the UK and the USA.
- IFRS 17 projects focused on issues of design and implementation of changes to the methodology, systems, data, and processes.
- Various reviews of IFRS 17 methodology and position papers, and IFRS 17 pro-forma accounts.
- Providing IFRS 17 compliant chart of accounts, posting accounting rules, key design decisions, design principles, and a proof of concept.
- Operating impact and Financial impact analyses reflecting IFRS 17 and IFRS 9 changes.
- Secondment to a large listed conglomerate group as interim group financial controller.
- Solvency II audits and consulting projects for developing solo and group methodology.
- SOX compliance audit and assurance projects.