Martyne is a VAT Director in our Indirect Tax Practice. She has over 18 years’ experience advising clients on global indirect tax issues. Many of these have been from the travel, hospitality and retail sectors.
Martyne has practical experience working in-house as an interim VAT Manager for an online travel client. This has enabled her to provide commercial, pragmatic advice.
The type of advice Martyne has provided includes:
• Advice in respect of VAT efficient global supply chains
• Advising clients on enhancing cash flow through VAT
• Global management of compliance, including distance sales
• Advising clients on the operation of the Tour Operators Margin Scheme
• Advising on domestic retail transactions including VAT treatment of retail adjustments, retail schemes, concessionaire arrangements & the VAT treatment of vouchers etc.
• Advising clients on the impact of Making Tax Digital for VAT