Michelle has been involved in asset management since she joined Pricewaterhouse Sydney in 1991. She joined BDO in 2012.
Her experience covers UK and global markets and includes large, complex assignments such as:
- Working in Luxembourg assisting a large UK retail asset manager to set up an activity based costing model
- Project managing the largest back office conversion in the UK, transferring the back office of four different retail asset managers to State Street
- Auditing a multibillion dollar fund managed from Rio;
- Providing a controls report over the cash processes of an Asian sovereign wealth office
- Assisting a large UK retail asset manager with process efficiencies; performing capital restructuring reporting for a UK listed investment trusts
- Providing contract analysis reporting to hedge fund managers reassessing their relationship with their prime broker
- Assisting a global asset manager assess and remediate their investment management operations prior to adopting a SAS70 Controls Assurance report.
In addition, Michelle has led a fraud inquiry for a wealthy family office. Her experience with wealthy families has also included assisting with identifying best practice, looking for cost efficiencies, reviewing controls and investigating an administrator who was abusing the client’s desire to anonymity.
Michelle is a member of the ICAEW Investment Management Committee and is currently also on the FRC Working Party set up to review Practice Note 21. She sits on the Audit and Assurance Committee responsible for AAF01/06 guidance. She also recently presented in Geneva, Dublin and Cayman Islands on the practical implementation aspects of FATCA and their responsibilities