I am a Director in our Actuarial team. I am a Fellow of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (FIA), Chartered Enterprise Risk Actuary (CERA) and hold the Chief Actuary Practicing Certificate and the Lloyd’s Actuary (SAO) Practicing Certificate issued by the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries. I am a property and casualty specialist with substantial experience in the financial sector, insurance and reinsurance industry. I have a broad range of actuarial expertise gained through working with (re)insurers, reinsurance brokers and Lloyd’s managing agencies.
I currently help clients with:
- Delivery and signoff of significant volumes of reserves in a consulting capacity for commercial insurers and reinsurers;
- Capital requirement calculations, regulatory reporting and insurance risk management advice for commercial insurers and reinsurers;
- Statement of Actuarial Opinions for Lloyd’s syndicates;
- IFRS 17 and reserving transformation projects; and,
- Advice on topics related to insurance pricing, exposure management and non-life reserves
Santiago acts as Auditors’ Expert on a range of external and internal audits. He is also a regular contributor to actuarial seminars and has contributed to Institute and Faculty of Actuaries Working parties over the years.