M&A Market Reviews: Logistics and Supply Chain sector
04 May 2021
2021 Q1 Logistics & Supply Chain Sector M&A Update: Technology leads the way in Q1 as M&A appetite remains high
Key trends we have been talking about for some time include the drive to scale through consolidation, focus on growth areas of international freight management, e-commerce and fulfilment, and interest in technology to enhance the service offering and deliver efficiencies.
Investment activity in Q1 highlighted all of these, but this quarter the influence of technology in driving deal flow has been particularly apparent, as almost half of this quarter’s deals in the sector were tech-related.
As the BDO FTSE Logistics Index continues to significantly outpace the FTSE All-share Index, the interest and influence of private equity in the sector continues to grow.
Key deals include:
- Equistone Partners’ acquisition of Ligentia UK
- Sale of Stirling Solutions to Mandata
- Constellation Cold Logistics’ acquisition of HSH Cold Stores
- Sale of Matrix Telematics to Bridges Fund Management
- Multiple acquisitions for Caribou Worldwide
DOWNLOAD THE Q1 SNAPSHOT
Previous M&A annual reports and market snapshots for the logistics and supply chain sector: