Alex is a partner in the Insurance Group with over 18 years’ experience of the insurance and wider financial services sector. During this time, he has worked with a variety of types of insurance participants including Lloyd’s syndicates, mutual insurers, brokers, run off insurers and international insurance groups.
He currently acts for various types of insurance Lloyd’s Syndicates, companies including mutual insurers, international insurance groups, friendly societies, run off insurers and insurance brokers.
- Audit partner to two Lloyd’s syndicates.
- Audit partner to seven internal insurance groups.
- Audit partner to a variety of insurance intermediaries.
- Leading the provision of outsourced internal audit services to two the insurance groups.
- Assisting insurance businesses with the implementation of new accounting standards (including IFRS 15 and IFRS 17).
Alex wrote the Chartered Institute of Insurers’ Accounting guide and presents on various matters including IFRS 17. He has sat on the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland’s Board for England and Wales and spent time on secondment to the Moore Stephens International member firm in Sydney. Alex also sits on Lloyd’s of London’s Audit Working Party Group and was part of Moore Stephens’ Technical Committee.