David’s deep expertise lies in the creation of reward and broader people strategy to support business success. To bring that to life a little, he spends much of his time engaged in:
- Executive compensation consulting for management teams and remuneration committees
- Strategic reward reviews for larger private or listed organisations – looking at pay and grading, job evaluation and the cascade of reward strategies throughout a business.
- Helping founders/majority shareholders/family business owners pay senior professional management teams. Essentially, brokering a deal between the two parties to reach a happy medium of upside versus protecting the business for the long term.
- Transactions – including retention arrangements, the treatment of variable pay and equity arrangements on a deal and any related investment and exit terms, harmonisation of conditions and post deal incentivisation.
- Performance management systems and processes including linkages to reward, learning and talent strategies.
Specialties: reward, employee experience, performance management, transactions, communication, executive compensation, governance, future of work.