Håkan joined UK BDO's Customs & International Trade team as Senior Manager in July 2015. He is based in London although he is assisting clients across the country and in all industry sectors.
Håkan has 20+ years working experience in the field of International Trade Compliance and Customs, having worked as in-house advisor with global corporations such as Diageo, GE Healthcare, Philips Healthcare, Laird Technologies and Cisco Systems.
Service offerings include but are not limited to:
- customs duty management: customs valuation, classification, origin and preferential duty treatment;
- AEO and UCC readiness reviews;
- export controls and classification, denied party screening and trade sanctions regimes;
- transfer pricing-customs valuation convergence;
- managing internal and external import/export audits;
- assessing and advising on business risk related to pre-litigation customs legal disputes;
- developing and improving export/import policies and procedures;
- conduct training and setting up internal compliance training programmes;
Håkan has worked in the UK, the Netherlands and Sweden and speaks fluent Dutch in addition to his native Swedish.