Helen is a Principal in BDO’s Forensic Accounting team in the Midlands and has specialised in forensic accounting and litigation support since 2008. She is a member of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA).
She specializes in dispute advisory, expert witness and business valuation work across a wide range of cases and sectors. She regularly works with lawyers to evaluate evidence and provide expert opinion on accounting matters in relation to liability and quantum for civil litigation, including matters. She has acted as a Court appointed Single Joint Expert.
Prior to joining the forensic department in 2008, Helen was a member of BDO’s mergers and acquisition team, advising owners of family and entrepreneurial businesses.
Helen has experience of a wide range of industries and sectors, including manufacturing, engineering, construction and real estate, food and beverage, not-for-profit, healthcare, hospitality and hotels, wholesale, retail, and financial services.
Helen’s case experience includes:
- Claims for loss of profit and consequential loss
- Breach of contract
- Business interruption and product recall
- Shareholder and partnership disputes
- Accounting professional negligence
- Business valuation for matrimonial disputes
- Other contentious business valuation disputes
- Investigation of accounting irregularities