Hira is a Tax Partner based in the Real Estate and Construction Group in London having specialised in real estate taxation matters for the majority of his professional career.
He is a Chartered Accountant and Chartered Tax Adviser and a member of the Tax Committee of INREV (the European Association for Investment in Non-Listed Real Estate Vehicles).
His areas of technical interest include:
- Real Estate Funds - He advises real estate funds invested in the UK and overseas throughout the spectrum of investment styles from ‘Core’, ‘Core plus’ ‘Value add’ and ‘Opportunistic’. His advice encompasses the establishment, operation and liquidation of funds. Clients include: AFIAA, Alecta, Aviva, Axa-REIM, BNP Paribas, Fortress Group, La Salle Investment Management, Northstar Asset Management, TH Real Estate and TIAA Group.
- UK listed companies - He advises a number of listed companies in relation to compliance and advisory matters. Clients include: Capco plc, Inland Homes plc, Legal & General plc and SEGRO plc.
- Family offices - His family office clients include European, Middle Eastern and Asian clients invested in a wide range of UK and European real estate assets.
- Other Collective Investment Vehicles - These include real debt funds, bespoke joint ventures and
- Group (Goldman Sachs, Greystar, Wellcome Trust student accommodation joint venture).
Prior to BDO he was based within the London Real Estate Group of a ‘Big 4’ firm.