Ian is a partner specialising in the insurance industry.
Ian is a chartered accountant with 20 years’ experience of the insurance industry. He has some 12 years’ experience working in Big 4 public practice firms, providing assurance services across a large range of listed general insurers, Lloyd’s syndicates and London Market insurance companies, mostly in the UK but also in Bermuda and Europe.
Ian also has seven years of experience working in senior management roles in internal audit for two UK FTSE listed general insurance companies. Most recently, he has had significant involvement in providing assurance across the Solvency II programme at one of these listed insurance companies, specifically in relation to the risk management framework. Ian has significant experience in the implementation of the Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors’ Guidance on effective internal audit in financial services.
Ian’s experience includes assurance on:
- Solvency II implementation programmes;
- risk management frameworks, including risk appetite frameworks, identification and assessment of key risks, risk reporting, risk governance and the implementation of three lines of defence models;
- corporate governance frameworks and operating models within insurance companies;
- financial processes, including strategy development, financial reporting, claims reserving governance, financial planning and control and management information;
- underwriting, claims management/ handling processes as well as operational processes within insurance undertakings.