I have been working with Financial Services industry clients for more than 20 years on national and global projects for Payment Services, Insurance and Pension related organisations, predominately in the private sector. I am a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Accountants of England and Wales, a member of the Chartered Institute of Insurance and has spent two years as president of his local insurance chapter. I focus on growing BDO’s presence in the Payment Services and Insurance sectors. I currently act as Head of Internal Audit for a large pension scheme, an insurance company and supports clients on a co-sourced basis within the Payment Services sector.
I have extensive experience supporting clients in the following areas:
- Internal audit: Outsource, Co-source, Quality Assurance and Effectiveness
- Operational & control improvement
- PSR and EMI specialist areas such as Safeguarding
- Regulatory compliance audits and advisory projects
- UK Financial Services Regulations.
- US compliance (Sarbanes-Oxley)
My global client base includes FTSE250, SEC listed and public sector entities, along with smaller UK based listed and non-listed organisations.