Sam has held a number of high profile internal audit roles in the insurance sector on an outsourced basis. He has completed a 6 month secondment as the Head of Internal Audit at a Lloyd’s Managing Agent as well as being seconded into the Governance Director position at a motor insurer, overseeing the development of the compliance, risk and internal audit functions. He has also worked in industry at a FTSE 100 insurer.
Sam has strong experience of supporting clients in the following areas:
- Corporate Governance, three lines of defense and board effectiveness;
- Internal audit outsource and cosource
- External quality assessments of internal audit functions
- ISAE3402 and SSAE18 control reports
- Controls Subject Matter Expert
His work has resulted in him gaining significant exposure across the full range of insurance operations, working closely with management in each department as well as frequent Board level interaction.
Sam is Chartered Accountant with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland, having qualified at Deloitte.