He leads the BDO’s transaction services and is a leading expert on transaction disputes and works out of Midlands and London. He is a leading expert and specialises in expert accounting matters, with over 25 years’ experience. He is a fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales and a member of the Expert Witness Institute. He regularly works with lawyers to evaluate evidence and provide expert opinions on accounting matters for civil litigation and arbitrations.
He is a recognised expert on transaction disputes and has specialist expertise in loss claims from contractual disputes, expert determinations, warranty claims, S994 disputes, business valuations, business interruption and competition matters.
He has given evidence in Court and at mediation hearings on numerous occasions and he has experience of a wide range of industries and sectors, including manufacturing and engineering.
Sat’s experience includes:
- International breach of contract disputes
- Complex loss of profits claims including business interruption and product recall
- Transaction disputes, contract review including completion accounts, breach of warranty and expert determinations
- Business valuations and S994 shareholder disputes
- Investigation of accounting irregularities
- Forensic audits