BDO’s Infrastructure Advisory team helps our clients to successfully deliver infrastructure projects in a number of sector including health, housing, education, waste and renewables, transport, leisure, emergency services and defence. The team has also advised on private finance for public sector infrastructure and Public Private Partnerships (PPP) for over 20 years.
Our private sector clients appreciate our expertise and familiarity in dealing with public sector bodies. Our longevity means we offer our clients a depth of knowledge and commercial experience that helps them succeed. We structure projects innovatively to deliver affordable, value for money and effective balance-sheet financing solutions for major capital projects.
Our team consists of end-to-end project delivery specialists with a range of skills including:
- Project finance and fundraising
- Financial model build
- Due diligence
- Bid and tender process support
- Infrastructure project management
Our core services include:
- Feasibility studies, option appraisals and (Treasury Green Book compliant) business cases to support investment decision making
- Procurement and commercial advisory support on project structuring
- Negotiation support and commercial strategy
- Joint Ventures, Strategic Estate Partnerships and Local Asset Backed Vehicles
- Secondary market sales and refinancing of projects
- Market testing reviews of existing projects and achieving operational efficiency savings
- Bid strategies, bid qualification and affordability/value for money assessments
- Financial model build and data book preparation/validation
- Funding competitions and Project Information Memoranda
- Bid preparation including performance and payment mechanism
- Bid evaluation and selection of a preferred bidder
- Grant due diligence and funding reviews
- Accounting and tax advice in relation to project structures
We are committed to and passionate about understanding our clients, their goals and organisations. We develop the experience and skills that will make a difference to clients.
The team’s contribution to infrastructure deals has consistently been recognised by our clients, through awards and in the media.
Private sector infrastructure projects
We regularly work with all of the major providers of external finance to public sector schemes. We advise investors on establishing funds and structuring transactions for institutional investors within our specialist sectors. We also advise clients in the secondary market for PPP transactions and those that are refinancing and restructuring debt and equity on a number of projects.
International clients and PPP
We provide advice on international PPP Projects in a variety of global locations. As well as working abroad, the team has a great deal of experience of dealing with overseas clients seeking opportunities in the UK. Our familiarity with the ‘best practice’ in procurement, across a range of sectors allows us to advise foreign governments looking to procure products and services whilst minimising project, supplier and governance risks.
Grant application support
Our grant support work reflects our expertise in supporting both public and private sector clients. We work with grant awarding bodies including the European Regional Growth Fund to provide due diligence services. We also maximise our private sector clients’ chances of success by providing grant application support services.