Being a non-executive director is tremendously rewarding. Nonetheless, regulatory requirements and the pace of change make the role challenging. Media attention on executive pay, shareholder activism and governance issues mean the role is also becoming more high profile.
BDO.NED is our non-executive director network. It is an invaluable source of information, advice and support whether you are just starting your NED career or have an established portfolio.
Our non-executive programme will support you through the various challenges you face by providing:
- Educational and training events to maintain and develop your skills and expertise
- Reports to keep you up to speed on developments in business
- Roundtable discussions so you can find out what your peers are doing and thinking
- Reports on the evolve role and responsibilities of a NED
- Updates on topical information and regulation relevant to you and your business
New Needs – New NEDs White Paper
As companies of all shapes and sizes grapple with tough economic conditions and rapidly evolving technology and markets, the role and responsibility of the Non-Executive Director is changing. Businesses have a critical need for high performance leadership and effective senior decision-making to help them navigate the many challenges they face. The NED is key to meeting this need.
Are you making the right NED appointments and are you making the best use of your NEDs? How are you making these important decisions? How are they helping your business?
Our “New needs – New NEDs” white paper sets out a framework for making the most of your NEDs by introducing four core criteria to guide your decisions. The white paper will also help you better understand the evolving role of the NED.
Networking and learning events are a key part of BDO.NED. They are designed to support you in your role and include:
- Social events with NEDs and executive directors to share experiences and challenges
- Seminars and webinars on technical issues
- Roundtables facilitated by experts to share information and experiences on common challenges
Register your interest in future BDO.NED events.
Financial Services NED Group
There is already an active FS BDO.NED Group that meets regularly to both socialise and share experiences. Join this community to meet other NEDs in financial services companies, and discuss technical and industry matters. As you might expect, the group brings together NEDs from banks and alternative lenders, asset managers, insurers and capital markets firms.
BDOVELO is a business networking club for NEDs and senior business executives who enjoy cycling. You get to network while riding your bike and hearing from experts from the world of cycling at our evening events.
Find out more about BDOVelo