BDO have developed a virtual tax and property development training workshop to help organisations like yours to proactively manage your tax affairs. In response to the new way of working, we have taken our various tax workshops and summarised them so they are suitable for online training.
This virtual social housing tax and property workshop has been created for key members of the finance and development team. The training will cover a full range of tax updates including corporate tax, VAT and employment tax. The presenters will bring the content to life by providing case studies throughout the training session and you will be able to ask questions at any point.
The training from our team of social housing tax specialists will address the following:
Corporate Tax & SDLT
• Corporation Tax and how taxable profits arising from developments can be mitigated.
• SDLT implications of land/property transactions and the potential reliefs available.
Employment Tax and CIS
• The various Construction Industry Scheme (‘CIS’) and Employment Tax (‘ET’) obligations, which may arise on the ‘development companies’
• In relation to CIS, we will also provide an overview of the CIS and how this will potentially affect the ‘development companies’ as both a contractor and a sub-contractor
• Advice on how report and meet the compliance requirements of using employees and/or third party individuals to complete relevant tasks
• The common VAT issues encountered when undertaking a new property development
• The available structures for different types of residential development
• VAT on land acquisition
• Funding issues
• Professional fees
• Contracts and invoicing
• ‘Golden Brick’ transactions
• ‘Goods Ordinarily Incorporated’
• Reverse charge for construction services
Timings and agenda:
9.40am Corporate Tax & SDLT
10.00am CIS & Employment Tax
This online training is intended to be informal and interactive so that all attendees are able to discuss specific issues and areas of concern together and share experiences.
The price for our 2 hour session is a competitive flat rate of £350+VAT per person. The training will be presented by our social housing tax specialists including Helen Berry, Corporate Tax Director, Jim Gempton, VAT Director and Nick Duffin, Employment Tax Principal.
Book your place below.