The last three months has seen a drastic change in the way we deal with HMRC, with both individuals & businesses having to adapt in order to work with them effectively and efficiently. In this webinar, we provide an essential update for any adviser who wants to understand the impact of changes by HMRC on their clients and how to navigate the current environment, including practical tips from our experience ‘at the coal face’.
We will cover:
- Tax enquiries – After a recent pause in enquiries, what’s the situation now? We look at when, why, and carrying on
- Cash flow support for individuals and businesses - the schemes HMRC is administering, updates to Time To Pay and deferral of 31 July payments
- Concessions for those impacted by COVID-19 - extended deadlines and the definition of a 'reasonable excuse'
- Foreign income and gains – recent ‘nudge letters’, updates around the Common Reporting Standard and Failure to Correct, and the WDF
- Avoidance schemes and actions for 2020 – updates on disguised remuneration and the loan charge
- Practical tips for dealing with HMRC – communicating, access to records and suggested use of ADR
Dawn Register – Partner, BDO
Richard Morley – Partner, BDO