The global political and economic climate is creating uncertainty and driving market volatility. This can be both a challenge and an opportunity for capital markets firms. This is against a backdrop of evolving regulation including higher capital requirements, as well as the challenge of remaining competitive in light of technological advancement. BDO helps clients meet these challenges and provides a flexible approach in a changing environment. We have a deep understanding of risk and regulatory, accounting, valuation and systems and controls issues.
We are close to the FCA and other regulators so we are constantly updated on emerging regulations and can act immediately to ensure our clients have a robust risk management strategy. We provide a full range of audit, assurance, advisory, tax and financial investigations services to capital markets firms and help our clients stay on top of major changes in the industry including:
- The future of European and UK regulation
- MiFID II
- Developments in the FCA client asset rules
- Staff retention, recruitment and motivation and changes to the remuneration code
- Introduction of the Senior Manager’s Regime to all regulated firms
- Strengthening liquidity standards
- The development of the European Commission’s Capital Markets Union
- Developments in financial reporting standards including the implications of IFRS 9.
We run quarterly regulatory updates where market participants can exchange views on key issues and emerging challenges in an open environment, but under the strict Chatham House rule.