Registered providers of social housing continue to face new challenges from changes in the sector and the difficult economic climate. Financial viability, access to new finance, re-pricing of debt, competition for grants and the increasing appetite for mergers are just some of the current issues that mean it's no longer 'business as usual' in social housing.
In this changing environment your board and executive team are likely to need external, independent advice and assurance. Our experienced specialists work with a diverse range of registered providers, and always listen to your needs first, then respond with a service tailored to your unique business requirements.
Our view of the marketplace is extensive, with specialist teams bringing experience from across the industry. We have experts covering large developing groups through to small traditional providers, and we recognise the challenges of a continuously evolving regulatory framework. Our social housing unit stands apart, which is why registered providers of all shapes and sizes come to us.
Like you, we recognise the importance of personal service delivered by housing specialists. We are members of key industry and professional groups, and understand and contribute to the research and development of the issues that affect your organisation. Our pragmatic approach ensures that we see the wider picture, not just the technicalities.
Our services in social housing include:
- Statutory external audit and financial accounting
- Internal controls assurance including internal audit, and co-sourcing arrangements with in-house internal audit
- Due diligence, especially in connection with mergers and acquisitions
- Corporate tax planning and compliance, including group restructuring, VAT advisory, employee tax and social security advice
- Data analytics and electronic data interrogation
- Business risk management and risk modelling
- Domiciliary care business acquisition search and advisory services
- Forensics, fraud investigation, whistleblowing policies, money laundering, codes of conduct and fraud policies
- Partnering compliance monitoring under the Capital Funding Guide
- Private Finance Initiative (PFI) advisory, including feasibility studies, contract documentation, financial modelling, contract negotiation, payment mechanisms and risk allocation
- Employment solutions providing a full range of employment advice and planning services, including employee incentivisation schemes, recruitment services and special investigations
- Audit of leaseholder and shared ownership service charges
- Information systems strategy, selection and security
- e-Business solutions
- Corporate pensions covering all types of occupational pension schemes, ranging from small, self-administered schemes to large mixed benefit schemes
- Training services for staff and board members e.g., FRS102, SORP, governance, and fraud awareness