Registered Providers of Social Housing continue to face new challenges, and BDO can provide a fully tailored service for your unique business requirements
Registered providers of social housing continue to face new challenges from changes in the sector and the difficult economic climate. Those that want to grow will encounter some interesting times ahead. Financial viability, access to new finance, re-pricing of debt, competition for grant and the increasing appetite for mergers are just some of the current issues that mean it's no longer 'business as usual' in social housing.
In this changing environment your board and executive team are likely to need external, independent advice and assurance. At BDO, our experienced specialists work with a diverse range of registered providers. Our first response to your needs will be to listen and then respond with a tailored service to your unique business requirements.
Our view of the marketplace is extensive, with specialist sector teams bringing experience from across all of the industry. Our expertise in housing covers large developing groups through to small traditional providers. We draw on our sector expertise and best practice ideas from our work with our registered provider clients locally and nationally. We recognise the challenges of a continuously evolving regulatory framework coupled with the provision of new housing and a changing landscape for funding. Our social housing unit stands apart, which is why registered providers of all shapes and sizes are coming to us. Like our clients, we recognise the importance of personal service delivered by housing specialists. We are members of key industry and professional groups. In this way we are able to understand and contribute to the research and development of issues affecting our clients, and our pragmatic approach ensures that we see the wider picture, not just the technicalities.
Our services in social housing include:
- Statutory external audit and financial accounting
- Internal controls assurance including internal audit, and co-sourcing arrangements with in-house internal audit
- Due diligence, especially in connection with merger discussions
- Corporate tax planning and compliance, including group restructuring, VAT advisory and compliance, employee tax and social security advice
- Data analytics and electronic data interrogation
- Business risk management and risk modelling
- Domiciliary care business acquisition search and advisory services
- Forensics, fraud investigation, whistleblowing policies, money laundering, codes of conduct and fraud policies
- Partnering compliance monitoring under the Capital Funding Guide
- Private Finance Initiative (PFI) advisory, including feasibility studies, contract documentation, financial modelling, contract negotiation, payment mechanisms and risk allocation
- Employment solutions providing a full range of employment advice and planning services, including employee incentivisation schemes, recruitment services and special investigations
- Audit of leaseholder and shared ownership service charges
- Information systems strategy, selection and security
- e-Business solutions
- Corporate pensions covering all types of occupational pension schemes, ranging from small self-administered schemes to large mixed benefit schemes
- Training services for staff and board members e.g. FRS102, SORP, governance, and fraud awareness
View our seminar programme