Guiding clients through challenging times
BDO’s Public Sector Consulting team is a national practice working with clients across the sector on a variety of critical projects. Our work assists clients facing significant challenges to transform their organisations and the services that they deliver, achieving a step change in both operational and financial performance.
We work with clients from central and local government and all areas of the NHS (Acute Trusts, Foundation Trusts, Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs), NHS England and regulatory bodies). Increasingly our work is focusing on the challenges facing the whole health economy of an area, the integration of health and social care services and the linkages to the Government’s devolution agenda.
Some of the core services we provide for these clients include:
- Strategy development and implementation
- Design and implementation of whole system transformation, new models of care and integration projects
- Option appraisal and business case development
- Performance improvement and cost reduction
- Strengthening governance and internal controls
- Costing, benchmarking and service prioritisation
- Supporting complex procurement
- Financial and commercial advice on major capital projects and programmes, including PPP, PFI, joint ventures and Strategic Estates partnerships
- Commercialisation, including income generation and trading companies
- Due diligence
- Board and leadership development
- Organisational development and change management
- Culture diagnostic and behavioural change
Our clients tell us they like working with us due to our fresh and challenging perspective, our genuine understanding of the issues facing public sector clients and our approach to working hand in hand with internal teams to build skills and capacity within our clients’ organisations.
Our team members are all sector specialists as well as having relevant professional and technical qualifications and many have held roles within the public sector before coming to work for us. Our core team includes energetic and experienced professionals with NHS, local government and central government backgrounds in operational management, finance, procurement, policy development, board/organisational governance, clinical practice or elected public office.
We have access to over 3000 professionals within BDO who provide specialist input on tax, forensic accounting, valuations, corporate finance and other financial disciplines, and to BDO’s extensive international network, which allows us to bring experience of and expertise in service delivery models in a wide range of countries worldwide. When our clients require, we also call upon our associate and partner network to provide subject matter expertise from, for example, leading academics, health strategists, behavioural scientists, health planners, local government specialists, estates experts and technical and legal advisers.
Our services can be accessed through a number of leading frameworks, including Consultancy One, Health Trust Europe, NHS Lead Provider Framework (as part of the eMBED Health Consortium) and ESPO.