BDO Public Sector Internal Audit team
All of our team have either worked for public sector organisations or chosen to specialise in public sector internal audits at BDO. We provide fully outsourced or co-sourced internal audit for NHS and local government organisations as well as independent service reviews of internal audit functions.
Our team adapts to the needs of each organisation based on its local challenges and strategies. We see our role as internal auditors being an integral part of helping our public sector clients to succeed in delivering their business objectives. We are proud of the consistently high client satisfaction ratings we receive.
We deliver our public sector internal audit service from teams situated around the UK. Individuals in this team hold a range of relevant qualifications such as CIPFA, ACCA or CII and related specialist qualifications such as CISA. We are ISO 9001 accredited for internal audit and also have independent verification of our compliance with Public Sector Internal Audit Standards. If your public sector organisation is considering appointing internal auditors, please contact us to discuss how we can work with you to provide a value added service.
We operate the Public Sector Internal Audit group on LinkedIn to share news, views and insights on governance, risk management and controls assurance matters with our clients and contacts.
Our approach to public sector internal audit
We know our public sector clients are always under pressure to do ‘more with less’. There is little or no tolerance of poor practice or waste and service users and commissioners are becoming more demanding. Public sector organisations have had to change. Many are more focused on income generation initiatives, transformations in strategy or becoming increasingly data-led.
We help our clients meet these demands by preparing “assurance maps”. These help them understand their risk profile and set strategic priorities for risk management. Our experienced internal audit team advise on industry-wide or emerging risk areas and devise a strategic audit plan that is genuinely aligned to organisational objectives. BDO’s team is always monitoring changing risk priorities or risk incidents which may result in plans being updated and urgent issues escalated to senior management or the Board.
Our public sector internal auditors regularly work with a number of other teams to provide our clients with a seamless service:
• Public Sector Consulting - Works closely with public sector clients to provide a range of advisory services, including business case advisory, income generation support and evaluation, financial performance improvement, and health and social care integration support
• Infrastructure Advisory - Supporting public sector clients to deliver infrastructure projects such as housing, hospital estates development, emergency services, education
• Financial Model Assurance and Advisory Services – Working with public sector clients to evaluate financial models for critical projects
• Forensic Advisory – Swift, discreet and detailed counter-fraud investigations for clients where ‘red flags’ have been raised regarding financial or other irregularities
• Technology Risk Advisory – Complete suite of services from a team experienced in all aspects of IT security and cyber risk management
Send us your tender document