Global Equity Mobility Solution
Design cost-effective global compensation plans while complying with complex tax requirements
In an increasingly globalised world, executive compensation decisions must be made with employee mobility in mind. The taxation of incentive compensation and equity awards may vary greatly depending on the type of award, the structure of the organization, the tax attributes of the recipient, and their location. Companies that fail to accurately withhold taxes on incentive compensation subject themselves to a time-consuming and expensive correction process.
Real-time tax withholding for global equity compensation
By using transaction data and cross-border travel information, BDO’s Global Equity Mobility Solution (GEMS) provides automated calculations of tax withholdings for an organisation’s mobile employees. This easy-to-read report integrates your data to provide location-specific income tax reporting and withholding information.
BDO’s GEMS provides:
- A fully automated approach
- Tax and withholding calculations executed in real time
- Electronic links to brokers, payroll, and equity administration
- Funding directly from brokerages to cover withholding liabilities
- Global tax data covering hundreds of countries, provinces, states, and municipalities
- Frequent updates with changes to global tax laws
- Integration with equity administrators and existing software platforms
Equity compliance for mobile employees: an employee journey
Download our flyer to read more information
View BDO’s Global Mobility Toolkit
All the tools your globally mobile workforce needs.