I lead BDO's Financial Services Advisory practice in the North of England and the Midlands.
I work with clients across the Financial Services sector including banks, building societies, consumer credit firms, payments firms, insurance firms, investment firms, pensions and more. I also lead treasury advisory and assurance reviews across all sectors, with experience ranging from financial services to corporates, charities, and public sector.
My team provides a range of assurance and consultancy services, bringing insight from across our client base. My primary focus is to help our clients succeed and I am known as someone who is trusted to deliver and add value.
Examples of the services and projects I have led include:
- Outsourced and co-source internal audit services;
- External Quality Assessments (EQA) for Internal Audit functions;
- Regulatory driven reviews, including s166 skilled person reviews and internal audit reviews requested by the Prudential Regulation Authority and the Financial Conduct Authority;
- Assurance reports delivered in accordance with International Standard on Assurance Engagements (such as ISAE 3000 and 3402);
- Maturity and benchmarking assessments for treasury functions, risk management and compliance functions;
- Development and implementation of risk management frameworks for regulated financial services firms included defining risk appetite statements, risk indicators and metrics;
- Assessing, planning and implementation of new regulatory requirements including regulatory reporting, liquidity requirements, capital assessment, recovery and wind down planning; and
- Selection and implementation of system solutions for treasury and financial risk management (including core treasury systems, multi-bank dealing, confirmation matching, settlement and banking integrations)
Outside of work, my family includes two daughters and a dog. I enjoy running and am a member of Wakefield Harriers. I’m also a trustee for a local charity.