Terry is head of real estate tax in London Tax Group of BDO. Terry specialises in advising a variety of real estate businesses on real estate structures and transactions including listings, due diligence, reconstructions, mergers and acquisitions. He has specialised in recent years advising a number of UK real estate investment trusts.
Terry has over 25 years’ experience as a tax adviser having qualified as a CTA in 1991. He has assisted a broad base of clients having worked for a niche firm, a ‘Big 4’ firm and BDO.
Client experience includes:
- Lead Tax adviser to New River Retail Ltd in respect of its conversion to UK REIT status
- Advise to New River Retail Ltd on numerous acquisitions including the £100m Marstons Pub purchase
- Advising Damac on tax structure and upon acquisition of Tower Fifty in Nine Elms for circa £100m
- Advising Redefine International Plc on tax structuring and feasibility of UK REIT status. Lead tax adviser on conversion to REIT status
- Advising numerous real estate businesses and funds on tax structuring including Topland, Galliard, Citygrove and Sellar Properties
- Numerous advisory projects involving inward investments to acquire UK real estate for Dimah Capital, Sidra, 90 North, Qatar National Bank and Investec