Restructuring and Pensions
BDO’s Pensions Advisory team includes experts with significant experience advising in respect of defined benefit schemes sponsored by businesses in financial distress. Senior members of our team are licenced insolvency practitioners with experience gained on secondment to the Pension Protection Fund and major banks. We have worked on many of the high profile pension restructuring cases of recent years.
The result is a team that has a deep understanding of pensions and the impact they can have on a business in financial difficulties. In the context of Business Restructuring, the team advises businesses, Trustees and Sponsors on:
- Solvent and Insolvent restructurings
- Regulated Apportionment Arrangements
- Benefit re-design
- The impact of Company Voluntary Arrangements and Administration Appointments on a Pension fund
- Regulatory action by the Pensions Regulator
- Expert witness services in relation to regulatory action or financial distress
The Pensions Advisory team offers a full range of pensions-related services and advice relating to non-distressed situations.