A robust and flexible financial model is a critical tool for assessing the impact of strategic choices upon your business, as well as for raising finance or investment.
We work with companies, banks and investment funds to design and construct innovative, bespoke financial models across a broad range of industries and sectors.
We have decades of experience in model build, which we use in parallel with our understanding of investment metrics, financial economics, accounting standards and funding terms to build a fully-fledged dynamic model.
We know that financial models can be complicated – our models balance granularity and simplicity so they are easy to navigate, flexible and tailored to your needs. We will meet your business requirements without adding unnecessary detail, giving you confidence with a familiar, functional style and easy to follow logic.
Our custom-built models are created specifically for your business, incorporating your underlying drivers. We create our models to have the ability to serve a dual purpose – both for immediate transaction needs and providing long-term value as an ongoing management tool, beyond a transaction. Working with us, you will benefit from:
- A bespoke design for your operations and business fundamentals
- User friendly focus with logical design and structure
- Management account alignment for straightforward updating of results
- Traceability and use of simple formula, enabling checks and diligence
- Detailed scoping and design to capture the appropriate level of granularity
- Key checks giving confidence to model integrity and outputs
- Variance analysis of actual performance against budget
- Relevant KPI and financial analysis
- Application of complex accounting treatments
- Working capital modelling, relevant to your business
- Flexible and easy to use drivers, allowing potential investors to flex scenarios with ease
Our transaction models can be bolted on to a BDO built operational model or an existing client operational model to help you manage any transaction. This is capable of incorporating:
- Returns analysis for existing management and incoming investors
- Dashboard presentation enabling quick changes to deal structure as it progresses
- Key sensitivities applied to underlying operations
- Meaningful scenario analysis
- Calculation of bank covenants, assisting debt limits and negotiations
- User friendly dashboards and charts for use in board presentations
Similar to the deal overlay, our debt overlay models can be bolted on to a BDO built operational model or an existing client operational model to help you manage the raising of new finance or a refinance on existing debt. This can feature:
- Scenarios to enable quick changes to debt structure as discussions progress
- Evaluate the impact of refinancing
- Bank covenants calculated assisting debt limits and negotiations
- Ability to demonstrate ongoing compliance with banking covenants
- User friendly dashboards and charts for use in board presentations
Our models have the flexibility to incorporate a wide range of scenarios and sensitivities. Scenario analysis can be integrated into either an operational model or management tool, as well as a transaction-only model.
We create summary dashboards of key outputs from the various scenarios for easy comparison.
Making the right decision is key for the growth and performance of your business. Our operational modelling services enable you to flex the operational drivers of your business for strategic decision-making and scenario analysis.
As with all our services, our operational models are crafted to suit your unique requirements. We excel at offering solutions that assist you in navigating uncertainties facing your business.
Our operational models help you understand the impact of internal and external factors on your business, enabling you to make better, more informed decisions that drive success.
Our bespoke financial models can be built with many uses and objectives in mind. We can capture any level of segmental reporting required, for example geography, branch, SBU, SKU, etc. Our models also include intuitive and easy to use dashboards to assist with ongoing KPI management and reporting to appropriate stakeholders.
These models are designed to help understand the impact of various aspects of a business’ supply chain. This may include:
- Stock availability and lead times
- Considerations for utilising suppliers in different regions, such as taxes, delivery charges and timeframes
- Satisfying minimum order quantities and future demand whilst minimising holding costs
- Analysis of how different supplier mixes can impact performance
Our portfolio models enable users and stakeholders to better understand the impact that a number of contributory factors can have on the portfolio value. This can include the impact of foreign currency movements, haircuts on target IRR, varied holding periods and other macroeconomic factors. The outputs of the model clearly outline the return expected under different scenarios, considering both ongoing returns and expected returns on divestment.
Our options appraisal models are designed to help decision makers evaluate the pros and cons of a range of options and assess the impact each has on future performance, profitability and cash conversion.
We design these models to help understand the resilience of a business against a range of sensitivities and one-off shocks. This can include:
- Sector specific changes, such as price shifts in the market as a whole
- Business focussed impacts, such as the loss of a key customer
- Macro-economic, including inflation and interest rate pressure
Data Analytics and Visualisation
Our Data Analytics and Visualisation services enable our clients to see their data in a whole new way; Identifying trends, optimising their operations and performance, and making better and more informed decisions than ever before.
With our ongoing analytics and reporting services this means that you'll always have the latest insights to help you make better decisions. We will help you gather and transform your data into dynamic and intelligent visualisations, these visualisations will be accessible on laptops and mobile devices, so you can access them anytime, anywhere.
We know that data analytics can be a daunting task. We're here to make it easy for you. We'll take care of everything, so you can focus on running your business while benefiting from value creation from a professionalised data analytics solution.
Our experienced data analytics and visualisation team create bespoke solutions for our clients which automate tasks, identify areas of inefficiency, and streamline processes (for example, in their regular reporting to private equity investors). Through automation and modernisation, data analytics and reporting with cloud-based business intelligence tools becomes quicker and easier, returning time and cost to our clients to focus on more strategic work.
By providing insights into existing commercial data, our experienced team help our clients make better and quicker decisions about their operations using intelligent data driven insights. When combined with a good financial model, deep historic data analytics also allows for better predictive forecasting with robust supporting evidence for future business assumptions.
Our bespoke solutions are designed by experts in data analytics and visualisation who ensure that the process is automated, robust, and transparent. Reports are then produced in a user friendly and intuitive manner to best present key information as quickly as possible. The scalable nature of our methodology means that these reports can easily be adapted to the needs of growing businesses.
Leveraging data analytics in preparation for a transaction enables the understanding of the full value creation potential, reinforcing the equity story. It gives greater confidence to all stakeholders and supports better negotiations, whilst also optimising business reporting post transaction allowing management teams to focus on delivering value for the business.