Commercial Dispute Resolution
BDO has a dedicated and highly experienced forensic accounting team with the insight to solve the most challenging accounting disputes and support litigation and international arbitration.
Our team has considerable experience of providing evidence both in Court and to arbitration tribunals throughout the world, working closely with colleagues from across BDO’s international network to support clients on multi-jurisdictional disputes. Our expertise includes understanding the legal process and the issues in dispute, explaining the complexities of issues such as loss of profits, loss of value, wasted expenditure, contingent losses, loss of chance and professional negligence for the Court or tribunal to understand.
Our expert witnesses have provided expert opinions on quantum and professional negligence in hundreds of cases in civil and common law jurisdictions throughout the world. Supporting them is a team of specialists with forensic accounting and investigative skills, together with BDO experts in most sectors and industries.
Our specialist Professional Negligence team comprises leading advisers on auditing and accounting negligence cases in the UK and in overseas jurisdictions. Our team includes practitioners with recent audit and accounting backgrounds, many of whom act as expert witnesses and mediators.
Our services include:
- Reviewing initial information and preliminary analysis on liability and quantum
- Drafting assistance (letters before action, statements of claim, witness statements)
- Expert witness services
- Calculation of quantum of loss
- Independent opinions on technical accounting matters
- Insolvency investigations and contentious insolvency litigation support
- Providing technical assistance to other experts
- Investigation of electronic disclosure
- Assistance at mediations and settlement negotiations