Forensic Accounting and Commercial Dispute Resolution
Our dedicated and highly experienced forensic accounting team committed to helping you resolve the most challenging commercial disputes. The team also provides support to clients in litigation and international arbitration.
Our services include:
- Reviewing initial information and providing preliminary analysis on liability and quantum
- Assistance drafting letters before action, statements of claim and witness statements
- Expert witness services
- Calculation of quantum of loss
- Independent opinions on technical accounting matters
- Insolvency investigations and contentious insolvency litigation support
- Providing technical assistance to other experts
- Investigation of electronic disclosure
- Assistance at mediations and settlement negotiations
Our team has considerable experience of providing evidence in commercial dispute cases in Court and to arbitration tribunals throughout the world. Our expertise includes understanding the legal process and explaining the complexities of issues such as loss of profits, loss of value, wasted expenditure, contingent losses, loss of chance and professional negligence for the Court or tribunal to understand.
Our expert witnesses have provided expert opinions on quantum and professional negligence in hundreds of cases in civil and common law jurisdictions throughout the world. Supporting them is a team of specialists with forensic accounting and investigative skills and experts in most sectors from across the BDO network.
International Commercial Dispute Resolution and Arbitration
If you are involved in multi-jurisdictional dispute, we will draw on forensic services teams and specialist from across BDO’s international network to support you. Our international expertise includes understanding the legal process and the issues in dispute, explaining the complexities of issues such as loss of profits, loss of value, wasted expenditure, contingent losses, loss of chance and professional negligence to Courts and tribunals.
Find out more about our Global Forensic Services team.