Specialist International Services
Our international tax practice advises a wide range of clients in a variety of business sectors, from early stage businesses making their first step into or outside the UK, to multinational enterprises with complex operations and structures all over the world. Working with BDO International’s extensive network of overseas offices covering every major worldwide business centre, we offer a comprehensive integrated tax service. You will have one key point of contact in the UK for your worldwide tax needs. We advise clients on a range of international issues including:
- transfer pricing
- expanding overseas into new territories – for example, Investing into the USA
- tax-efficient cross border finance to maximise tax relief on interest plus consideration of foreign exchange and withholding tax issues
- minimising the overall tax burden on controlled foreign companies and the repatriation of profits to the UK
- consideration of VAT and Customs Duty issues
- delivering an integrated international employee share scheme
- managing expatriate tax issues and tax returns.
Through our international network, we are constantly generating innovative tax planning ideas to reduce the tax burden of our clients, developing tax planning solutions specific to our clients needs based on our knowledge of their business, group structure and aspirations.
To help international businesses navigate the UK economy today we have just produced ‘Business in the UK - A Route Map’ – a guide providing advice and information to business owners just starting out in the UK or more established businesses looking to invest here.
It includes an introduction to the UK as a location to invest, its key sectors, infrastructure and skills; advice on the choice of business structure; business finance, key regulatory requirements and more. Read our guide.
International Projects Group
The International Projects group site contains information on Public Financial Management Reform, Public and Private Sector Audit and Assurance, Support to Foreign Direct Investment, Enterprise Development, Privatisation and Restructuring, Feasibility Studies and Due Diligence Investigations, Private Sector Participation In Public Infrastructure, Financial Sector Consultancy and SME Development.
BDO has been providing Global Outsourcing services to our international clients for 14 years, working with colleagues in over 150 countries around the world.
We support our global clients to meet the demands of international compliance, without the burden of many different local finance teams. Our model is based on BDO in-country delivery by local experts with a wrap-around full monitoring and management solution. This guarantees our clients a timely, accurate, compliant and cost effective service delivery. Our clients can call upon local specialist expertise wherever they do business, all via a single UK point of contact. Through this one relationship we support our clients worldwide and provide global coordination and project management. We also liaise with all local regulators to ensure our international services are fully compliant.
Our local in-country experts will provide a single consistent service across all territories under our simple Master Service Agreement (MSA) contract. The benefit of our MSA is that once we have commenced provision of services, our offering is easily scalable resulting in a seamless addition of services or new jurisdictions which are simply added under our single MSA.
Business Services and Accounting
BDO’s Business Services and Accounting team provide a range of accounting, advisory and compliance services within UK to help companies meet all their day to day requirements. This includes statutory reporting through to full outsourcing of the finance function.
Clients can opt for end to end support, or select specific services including cloud accounting and management accounts, company formation and secretarial, payroll, tax compliance, statutory accounts preparation, including migration to new UK GAAP or IFRS, group accounts and technical accounting assistance.
Through BDODrive, we seek to provide the support businesses need to help them succeed. If you are looking for international support for your accounting requirements, our Global Outsourcing team working alongside the UK Business Services and Accounting practice can advise.
Global industry sectors
BDO provides specialist services for a number of industry sectors across the world, aligned with our audit, tax and advisory services. BDO’s industry experts have an in-depth understanding of the unique issues faced by clients in different industries and are able to deliver a tailored and individual response that encompasses both their individual circumstances and their particular industry sectors.
BDO’s global sector programme currently includes:
- Tax compliance services - Direct and indirect tax returns: including initial registration, calculation and submission of returns. Local tax audits and tax provisions.
- Statutory accounts preparation - Preparation of statutory financial statements in IFRS or local GAAP and conversion of the local output into group level format as required.
- Company secretarial - Tailored company secretarial services in each country to meet your needs, making sure you comply with all local regulations.
- Subsidiary audit - Coordination and delivery of subsidiary audits.
- IT outsourcing - Bespoke IT management and support services ranging from an IT Director service to international server and desktop remote support.